(Formerly Skill Level 5)
Futuristic and so cool! Awesome lift off the launch pad!
(Formerly Skill Level 5)
This rocket is sure to be a hit at the flying field. Powered by Estes D and E engines, The Extreme 12 can reach heights of almost 2,000 feet! Laser cut wood fins and waterslide decals only add to the quality of this kit.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BUILD: Scissors, pencil, ruler, fine sandpaper, carpenter’s glue, plastic cement, sanding block, hobby knife, clear tape, primer (white) and clear coat (optional). (Tools, construction and finishing supplies not included.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH (sold separately): Estes Porta-Pad II Launch Pad with a 3/16 inch launch rod and Electron Beam Launch Controller, Estes model rocket engines, starters and recovery wadding. Four 1.5V high quality AA alkaline batteries are also required for launch controller (not included).
|Recommended Engines||Rocket Only: D12-3, D12-5, E12-4, E12-6|
Rocket: D12-5, D12-7, E12-6, E12-8
Booster: D12-0, E12-0
|Projected Max Altitude||1900 ft. (579 m)|
|Recovery System||18 in. (45.7 cm) Parachute|
|Length||46.4 in. (117.8 cm)|
|Diameter||1.64 in. (42 mm)|
|Estimated Weight||7.1 oz. (201.3 g)|
|Estimated Assembly Time||2 Hours (painting and glue drying time not included)|
|Fin Materials||Laser cut wood|
|Launch System||Porta-Pad II and Electron Beam Launch Controller|
|Launch Rod Size||3/16″ Maxi Rod (sold separately)|
|Age Recommendation||Estes model rocketry is recommended for boys and girls ages 10+ with adult supervision for those under 12, and rocketeers of all ages.|
- 10/29/2019 – Received Kit
- 11/07/2019 – Took pictures of package
- 01/13/2020 – Opened package and took pictures of components. Later scanned components.
- 01/19/2020 – Glued CR to motor mount and filleted. Glued MM inside BT booster.
- 01/21/2020 – Glued large booster fins into Booster BT slots.
- 01/22/2020 – Glued MM into main body tube fin section, filleted centering ring/body tube joints. Glued fins to main body tube fin section and then filleted. Glued half of tube coupler into main fin section at forward end of MM tube so it is even with aft end of main tube. Filleted forward & aft centering ring/body tube joints with wood glue. Used dowel rod to place glue in forward end joint.
- 01/23/2020 – Cut launch lug in half and glued to main body tube at 1′ located between fin and body tube & at 12″ along marking guide. Glued shock cord to mount and then inside of main body tube at ~ 2″ from forward end of main body tube. Applied masking tape to shoulder of nose cone to make a tight fit. Only thing left is to paint the model.
- Date – Flight Data