003232 – Centuri™
(Formerly Skill Level 2)
A great addition to our Advanced line of rockets. Standard engine powered. Sure to be a crowd pleaser.
(Formerly Skill Level 2)
A multi-finned missile powered by standard engines, the Centuri can reach heights of 600 feet. Parachute recovery brings this awesome rocket back to earth. Pick your own color scheme or go with ours, tried and true rocket colors of days gone by.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BUILD: Scissors, pencil, ruler, fine sandpaper, carpenter’s glue, hobby knife, masking tape, primer (white), paint (black, silver, white) and clear coat (optional). (Tools, construction and finishing supplies not included.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH (sold separately): Estes Porta-Pad II Launch Pad with a 1/8 inch launch rod and Electron Beam Launch Controller, Estes model rocket engines, starters and recovery wadding. Four 1.5V high quality AA alkaline batteries are also required for launch controller (not included).
|Recommended Engines||B4-4, B6-4, C6-5|
|Projected Max Altitude||600 ft. (183 m)|
|Recovery System||12 in. (30.5 cm) Parachute|
|Length||29.3 in. (74.4 cm)|
|Diameter||1.33 in. (34 mm)|
|Estimated Weight||3.1 oz. (87.9 g)|
|Estimated Assembly Time||3 Hours (painting and glue drying time not included)|
|Fin Materials||Laser cut wood|
|Launch System||Porta-Pad II and Electron Beam Launch Controller|
|Launch Rod Size||1/8″|
|Age Recommendation||Estes model rocketry is recommended for boys and girls ages 10+ with adult supervision for those under 12, and rocketeers of all ages.|
- 11/07/2019 – Took Pictures of package
- 01/26/2020 – Opened package and photographed its components. Also scanned components. Marked MM tube at 1-1/8″ & 2-1/4″. Ran a bead of glue around the 1-1/8″ mark and moved the engine retainer ring onto the mark. Cut a 1/8″ slot with hobby knife at the 2-1/4″ mark and inserted the forward end of the engine hook. Glued the slotted centering ring at the 1-1/8″ mark. Separated the tail cone from the nose cone and sanded the ends smooth. Made a copy of the shock cord mount and body tube marking guide. Cut the SC mount and BT marking guide from the copy.
- 1/27/2020 – Glued motor mount assembly unit into engine adapter tube and glued adapter tube into main body tube even with end tube.
- 1/28/2020 – Glued 2 fins onto main body tube.
- 1/29/2020 – Glued remaining fins onto main and upper body tubes.
- 1/30/2020 – Filleted the fin body tube joins on both the main and upper parts. Glued the shock cord to its mount and then glued it to ~2″ from the front end of the main body tube. This completes construction of the model. Only paint and decal placement remain to be completed.
- Date – Flight Data