Skill Level 2
Length: 20.4 in. (51.8 cm)
Diameter: .98 in. (25 mm)
Estimated Weight: 1.3 oz. (36.9 g)
Laser cut Wood Fins
Parachute Recovery: 12 in. (30.5 cm)
Projected Max Altitude: 1300 ft. (396 m)
- A8-3 (first launch),
Supplies needed to finish – White Primer. Red, Black, Silver and White Paint. Protective Clear Coat.
Black Brant III pictures
- 8/22/2018 – Purchased model form Estes Industries for $14.99 (Retail = $14.99)
- 11/15/2018 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned fins, Launch lug, Decal and plans. Measurements on page 34 of Model Rocket Notes book #4.
- 12/7/2018 – Made copy of page 2, instructions and cut out shock cord mount and fin marking guide. Scanned plans, fins, rings and nose cone. Measurements are also listed in Model Rocket Notes book #4 page 40. Using a saw blade cut out the plastic Noaale from the Nose Cone blow mold. Marked the motor mount tube at 7/8″ & 2-1/4″ from the aft end. Inserted the hook of the motor hook at the 2-1/4″ slot cut into the motor mount tube. Glued the split centering ring at the 7/8″ mark. Glued the engine block ring into the forward end of the motor mount tube.
- 12/9/2018 – Marked the fin and launch lug lined on the body tube with the aid of the guide. Glued fins along the guide lines.
- 12/10/2018 – Filleted the fin/body tube joints. Glued the launch lug to the body tube along the guide line 15″ from aft end.
- 12/11/2018 – Glued the shock cord to the mount and then to the forward inside edge of the body tube about 1-1/2″ from the end. Glued the motor mount assembly into the aft end of the body tube using the nozzle as a spacer for the position. Cemented the Nozzle to the aft end of the body tube, over the motor mount.
- Date – Flight Data