SW-033 – Two Cool for Spool
- Two Stage Design
- Laser-Cut Plywood Disks
- Water Slide Decals
- Tumble Recovery
Two Cool For Spool launches like a regular spool rocket but half way through the flight the second stage ignites and the lower disk drops away while the upper disk flies on. The high drag design makes this the ideal rocket for two stage flights on a small field. Tumble recovery on both stages means a short recovery walk. A fun rocket to fly with lots of smoke and noise on the way up!
The dual stage spool model rocket is easy to build and ideal for small, neighborhood fields. The bright colors and tumble recovery combine with lots of smoke and noise to guarantee multiple fun flights, minus the long recovery walk associated with more traditional designs
- Length – 5.88″
- Body Diameter – 5.75″
- Weight – 2 oz
- Upper Stage – D12-0
- Booster – D12-0
- 10/18/2018 – Purchased Two Cool for Spool for $10.95 (Retail – $10.95)
- 3/18/2020 – Took pictures of components, plans, photo card, and decals. Glued paper engine block into shorter upper body tube.
- 3/19/2020 – Marked body tube along the length of the tube. Glued launch lug to front of tube so it is flush with end of tube. Glued plywood engine block into the rear of the longer lower engine tube even with the end. Glued the forward end with the engine block of the upper tube into the wooden spool even with the spool. Glued the rear of the lower body tube with the engine block into the other spool. Filleted the spool/body tube joints.
- 3/20/2020 – Applied a coat of Minwax poly coat to each spools surfaces. Sanded all spool surfaces with fine grit sanding block. Applied a second coat after the first coat dried at least 2 hours.
- 3/21/2020 – Sanded the second poly coat using a fine sanding block. Applied the water slide decals and blotted them dry. (Still need to trim the excess decals. This completes the Squirrel Works “Two Cool for the Spool” flying model rocket.
- Date – Flight Data